- To ensure the proper functioning of this website, small data files are used/placed on your computer or your mobile device, referred to as “cookies”.
- Cookies are small pieces of e-text, sent to the browser used by your computer or portable device from a website you are visiting. Cookies make it easier for the site to memorize information about your visit, such as your preferred language settings, font size and type, and other display settings to make your next visit easier and make the site more effective and user-friendly. You do not have to import these preferences again each time you visit the site.
- Cookies are used for many reasons, such as memorizing your safe search preferences, offering relevant ads, calculating the number of visitors to a webpage, making it easier to sign up for online services, and protect your data. Cookies can also be used to compile anonymous, cumulative statistics that allow us to understand how the public is using our site and help improve its structure and content. However, we are NOT in any way able to verify your personal identity from this information.
You should be aware that some features are only available through cookies and if you choose to disable your cookie preferences from your computer/portable device, these features may not be available.
- Some of the cookies we use are absolutely necessary (“absolutely necessary cookies“). These cookies are essential for the proper operation of the website and allow you to browse and fully use its features. The absolutely necessary cookies do not recognize your individual identity. Without them, however, we cannot provide efficient operation of our website.
In addition to the absolutely necessary cookies, there are also “performance cookies“. These cookies collect information about how visitors use the website, for example which pages they visit more often, and whether they receive error messages from webpages. These cookies collect aggregated, anonymous information that do not identify a visitor. They are used exclusively to improve/enhance the performance of a website.
We also use “functionality cookies“. These cookies allow the website to remember the user’s choices such as name, language, or region to provide enhanced and personalized features. They can also be used to provide services that have been requested by the user, such as video viewing or using social media. The information collected by these cookies may become anonymous and it is not possible to monitor the browsing activity on other sites.
- Cookies CAN NOT be executed as passwords or used to transmit viruses and/or malware and CAN NOT provide access to your hard disk. We can not “read” any information from your hard disk even if we store “cookies” from the time you visit the site or browse its pages.
If you do not accept these cookies, the performance and functionality of the website may be affected and your access to its content restricted in various ways.
You can check and/or delete “cookies” according to your wishes. Details can be found here: aboutcookies.org.
You can delete all the cookies already existing on your computer, and set up most browsers in a way that prevents the installation of cookies. Note, however, in this case, you may need to customize manually certain preferences yourself whenever you visit a site, and some services may also not work properly.
Below you can find a list of the types of cookies we use on our website
|PURPOSE||DESCRIPTION||TYPE & DURATION|
|Performance (e.g., user’s browser)||Our website has been configured using common internet platforms. These platforms have built-in cookies that help with compatibility issues (for example, to determine your browser type) and improve performance (for example, faster content loading).||Duration of browsing Deleted when browser closes|
|Website Preferences||Our cookies can also record your site preferences (eg language etc) or seek to enhance your experience (e.g. by personalizing a greeting or content). This will apply to areas where you are specifically signed up for access or to create an account.||Duration of browsing Deleted when browser closes|
|Google Analytics||Google Analytics is Google’s analytics tool that helps website and app owners to understand how their visitors engage with their properties. It may use a set of cookies to collect information and report website usage statistics without personally identifying individual visitors to Google. The main cookie used by Google Analytics is the ‘_ga’ cookie. In addition to reporting website usage statistics, Google Analytics can also be used, together with some of the advertising cookies described above, to help show more relevant ads on Google properties (like Google Search) and across the web and to measure interactions with the ads we show.||Duration of browsing Deleted when browser closes|